Failure is a Mindset … for Better or for Worse
- See failure as a learning opportunity, as simply a step along your path.
- Stretch yourself out of your comfort zone, knowing that it’s okay to take chances and make mistakes.
- Embrace Thomas Watson Jr.’s (first President of IBM) view that “The way to succeed is to double your error rate.”
Hold those mindsets and you will ultimately be successful.
- Fear failure and see it as something to be avoided at all costs.
- Stay safely within your comfort zone, sticking to what you know will work because you believe it’s more secure.
- Worry you will fail before you even begin something new.
Hold those mindsets and you’ve dramatically decreased you chance of success.
You get to choose your perspective on failure … for better or worse.
Join the Flow of Conversation
Which of your successes have grown out of “failure”?